Annual Meeting & Dinner ***Seating Limited!!!***
Join us at the Club's Annual Meeting & Dinner on April 30th to hear honored guest and speaker, Professor Angela Lee Duckworth (AB '92), discuss her theory of "Grit" as a predictor of success.
Leaving a high-flying job in consulting, Angela Lee Duckworth took a job teaching math to seventh graders in a New York public school. She quickly noticed that best students were not always the ones with the highest IQs and that started her thinking about what drives success. Today, she is an associate professor of psychology at the University of Pennsylvania and studies non-IQ competencies, including self-control and grit, which predict success both academically and professionally. She has applied her research to a variety of different groups ranging from West Point cadets to National Spelling Bee contestants. In 2013, she was honored with the prestigious 'Genius Grant' from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
Angela received a BA in Neurobiology from Harvard in 1992 and, as a Marshall Scholar, a Masters in Neuroscience from Oxford. She completed her PhD in psychology at the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to her career in research, Angela founded a non-profit summer school for low-income children which won the Better Government Award for the state of Massachusetts and was profiled as a Harvard Kennedy School case study. Angela has also been a McKinsey management consultant and, for five years, a math teacher in the public schools of San Francisco, Philadelphia, and New York City.
6:30 PM Reception (Cash Bar)
7:00 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Keynote Address
Early-Bird Price until April 12th:
- Sustaining Member: $60 (May bring 3 guests at member price)
- Extended Member: $60 (May bring 1 guest at member price)
- Regular Member: $60 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Recent Grad: $50 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Class 2019: $50 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Member of Associate Club: $60 (HBSCP and HCOP)
- Non-member: $70 (May join now to receive member rate)*
Regular Price after April 12th:
- Sustaining Member: $65 (May bring 3 guests at member price)
- Extended Member: $65 (May bring 1 guest at member price)
- Regular Member: $65 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Recent Grad: $55 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Class 2019: $55 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Member of Associate Club: $65 (HBSCP and HCOP)
- Non-member: $75 (May join now to receive member rate)*
*Non-members who join now and attend the Annual Dinner will have their membership extended until August 2016!
RSVP by April 26th. Don't wait, register today!
When adding additional tickets, please click the recalculate button to update the cart.
Indicate any dietary restrictions in the "special instructions" box on the check-out page.
Appropriate dress required. Business casual is recommended; jackets for gentlemen preferred.
Harvard Radcliffe Club of Philadelphia Annual Dinner & Meeting
April 30th, 2015 from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
The Acorn Club, 1519 Locust Street, Philadelphia (link)