2016-2017 Fall Opener ***RSVP Today!!!***
Join us for this season's Fall Opener at the Acorn Club on October 6th for a conversation with Kermit Roosevelt, constitutional law professor, author and great-great grand son of U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt. Harvard-Radcliffe Club of Philadelphia board member David Lazarus will interview Kermit Roosevelt about his recent book, Allegiance, set in the time of the Japanese internment and its relevance to our current political climate.
Kermit Roosevelt III teaches constitutional law and creative writing at the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He graduated from Harvard University and Yale Law School. Before joining the Penn faculty, he clerked for a federal court of appeals judge and Supreme Court Justice David Souter, and practiced appellate litigation for two years with a Chicago firm. His novels, In the Shadow of the Law and Allegiance, draw upon his experiences clerking and practicing as well as his involvement in Guantanamo Bay litigation.
- 6:00pm - Reception - Butlered Hors D’ Oeuvres / Cash Bar
- 7:00pm - Interview & Discussion
- Sustaining Member (member + up to 3 guests): $30 per person
- Extended Member (member + 1 guest): $30 per person
- Regular Member (member only): $30 per person
- Guest of Regular Member (limit 1): $45 per person
- Non-members (limit 4): $60 per person
Appropriate dress required. Business casual is recommended; jackets for gentlemen preferred.
2016-2017 Fall Opener
October 6th, 2016 from 6:00pm-8pm
The Acorn Club
1519 Locust Street, Philadelphia