Annual Meeting & Dinner: 70 Years Outside the Law, Looking in
Join us for Club's Annual Meeting & Dinner on May 10th at the Acorn Club to hear honored guest and speaker, Lyle Denniston, talk about “"70 Years Outside the Law, Looking In: a Journalist's Perspective."
Lyle Denniston has been covering the Supreme Court for fifty-eight years. In that time, he has covered one-quarter of all of the Justices ever to sit, and he has reported on the entire careers on the bench of ten of the Justices. Because of his long-standing coverage of the Court, he has been referred to as the "Dean Emeritus of the Supreme Court Press Corps," and he enjoys the singular distinction of being the only person to earn a plaque in the Supreme Court press room.
Mr. Denniston wrote for SCOTUSblog, an online blog featuring news and analysis of the Supreme Court, until June 2016, after previously having written for the Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, The Baltimore Sun, The American Lawyer, and the Washington Star. His commentary is also featured on the National Public Radio show Here and Now. In addition, he has taught classes on law, journalism, and American constitutional history at American University, Georgetown University, Penn State University, and Johns Hopkins University.
This year's meeting and dinner will be held at The Acorn Club, 1519 Locust Street, Philadelphia on May 10th from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Appropriate dress required. Business casual is recommended; jackets for gentlemen preferred.
- 6:00 PM Reception (Cash Bar)
- 7:00 PM Dinner
- 8:00 PM Keynote Address
Early-Bird Price until April 28th:
- Sustaining Member: $65 (May bring 3 guests at member price)
- Dual Member: $65 (May bring 1 guest at member price)
- Regular Member: $65 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Recent Grad: $50 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Non-member: $80 (May join now to receive member rate)*
Regular Price after April 28th:
- Sustaining Member: $70 (May bring 3 guests at member price)
- Dual Member: $70 (May bring 1 guest at member price)
- Regular Member: $70 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Recent Grad: $55 (May bring guests at non-member price)
- Non-member: $85 (May join now to receive member rate)*
- Partner Club Member: $70
*Non-members who join now and attend the dinner will have their membership extended until August 2019!
Don't wait, register today!
When adding additional tickets, please click the recalculate button to update the cart.
Please indicate entree selection and dietary restrictions on RSVP page after check-out.
6:00PM - 9:00PM Thu 10 May 2018 ( Timezone: Eastern )
The Acorn Club
1519 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
[ Get Directions ]
Enter Waitlist Here...
Look Who's Coming:
Council for Relationships
Wharton Social Impact Initiative
Blackstone - Harvest