Autumn Hike at Valley Forge Park
Hiking enthusiast Justin Martino '91 and Scout Leader Charlie Ford '85 invite you to experience some of the best hiking in our region. Mount Misery in Valley Forge Park offers varied hiking terrain past historic farm houses, Valley Stream, ruins, Tredyffrin's historic Knox Covered Bridge, and forest flora and fauna.
This gathering (children welcome!) will include a guide at the front and rear to accommodate different rates of enjoyment. The trail can be steep and rocky in sections. Bottled water and granola/energy bars will be provided.
Meeting location and additional information will be posted and emailed prior to the event.
Attendance is free, but please RSVP by October 15th.
- We will be meeting at 10 AM, at the Knox Trail parking lot which is off of Valley Forge (Baptist) Rd./252, just east of the Covered Bridge (see map, below). We will gather at the West (or left) far end of the parking lot. We will begin the Mt. Misery hike at 10:15 AM. .
- The weather currently calls for sunny, 70°.
- Bottled water and granola bars will be provided.
- One guide will be at the front of the group, one guide will remain at the rear of the group, to accommodate different rates of enjoyment.
- Note: we will hike rain or shine, but in the event there are wind or thunderstorms, the hike will be rescheduled.
10:00AM - 12:00PM Sat 21 Oct 2017, Eastern timezone
Valley Forge Park / Knox's Quarters Parking
Knox Tindle Lane
Wayne, PA 19087
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming: